Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Amusing incidents in US! Part 1.


I would like to share a couple of incidents I came across in US.

1. How a name can be killed by Indian?

One of my friends was working in a call center job and he got a call from american lady. This guy is new to US and doesn't have got much acquianted with the American names. He was actually sitting on another person's seat and the call was for him. Following is the conversation
Customer : Hello I'm Bonnie here, can I talk to Ramesh?
Hero: Hi Vaani, Ramesh is not available in his seat right now. Would you to leave a message?
Customer : Thanks, Tell him that Bonnie called and ask him to give a call once he comes.
Hero : Thanks Vaani, I'll definitely pass on the message.

Once Ramesh comes, this guy, our hero tells him, "Hei Ramesh, Vaani called you and asked you to call her back". "I dont know anyone by that name, are you serious? Now our hero starts to realise things that somewhere he has done wrong. After a couple of minutes of racking his brains , "Yeah she sounded american, could I be wrong?" Ramesh searches all his contact list and finally comes to know that it was Bonnie who called up and laughed seeing our poor chap's mistaken identity!

How a name can be killed by American ?

My name is Sajith. Here in America J is silent. So think of the tortures, one has to go through.
X : Hello! am I talking to SAHITH ..( Mummy! the name which you fondly put is dying ma.)
X : Hello! am I talkin to SAAAAHI... (looks like he got a old tape recorder winding dead slow, will you stop it grrr.)
X : Hello! Can I talk to Saith ( Yeah you are talking to Saithan kee Bacha (devil's son) only.. Man stop it, I'm really pissed off).
X : Hello! Can I talk to SAHI ( Yeah you are talking to Mr. Right C'mon man don't make my day worser)

No comments: