Saturday, October 06, 2007

Are you a believer of luck or you?


When I think about luck, the incidents which came across my mind are my college days. I have to say some funny incidents on the believers of the luck. This guy has the habit of believing in luck when it comes to exams. No matter what, how he studied he will think that only the luck is the final decider. On the day of exams he will wear a new dress, shoes, take a newly bought pen and go for exams. If he happens to write that exam neatly, then he wore those same clothes and used to carry the same pen no matter what the clothes look like (even it got dirt after falling into a mud the previous day) or the pen doesn't write at all for the forthcoming exams. This routine will happen until he settles with a pen and cloth combination.

After seeing this habit, his room mate too started believing in superstitions and he became a follower. In one of the crucial interview, his room mate took my file and he cleared that interview and after that he didn't turn up to return the file even after several months. I thought it won't be good to ask because he is a good friend of mine. But anyway one day finally had to because I had to. I asked him about the file, he said that this file is very lucky and told ONLY because of this file he cleared that interview (the earlier couple of interviews which he attended he didn't get through as he was carrying the file which he bought and he became so upset that finally became this much superstitious).

Where are these guys goin? Do they have belief in their potential or they are trying to pass the buck on others when they do something really bad. In one way it is good to be like that coz when negative things happen they will blame on others/things and they will back normally quickly compared to those people who will try to analyze where it went wrong and what they have to do to get things rectify even for the simplest and silliest issues and finally getting no clue from where they have started.

So you might now think what I'm trying to say is, don't be silly on everything. Be a believer in yourself and be a narcissist to some extent after all if you dont love yourself who else gonna be. Have some kind of belief that there are some external forces which influences us and not fully. Also try to find out how to make these forces good for you and don't be too much idiotic.

Interesting Article to share with : How To Make Your Own Luck


I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

No comments: